About Notary Nodes
Notary nodes are servers dedicated to performing critical tasks for the Komodo ecosystem. test.
- Security — perform delayed Proof of Work (dPoW) notarizations to provide Bitcoin-level security
- Interoperability — notarize data throughout the ecosystem to allow cross-chain communication
- Decentralization — run a full node for each blockchain in the ecosystem to increase each network’s distribution
There are a total of 64 notary nodes in Komodo’s globally-distributed network.
- 60 Nodes are voted in by the Komodo community
- 4 nodes reserved for Komodo Dev Team for testing purposes
The notary node network is divided into 4 regions:
- North America (NA)
- Europe (EU)
- Asia-Russia (AR)
- Southern Hemisphere (SH)
To promote decentralization, each of the 4 regions contains 15 notary nodes.