Notary Node Incentives
Operating a notary node requires a valuable skill set and a significant commitment of time.
To encourage talented individuals to serve as Notary Node Operators, incentives are provided.
Each notary node is periodically allowed to mine a block at an easy level of difficulty. This gives them the opportunity to earn the block reward before any other miner.
- Approximately 75% of blocks in the Komodo blockchain are mined by Notary Nodes
- With 1 minute block times, 75% of all blocks amounts to 1,080 blocks each day
- Each of the 64 notary nodes is given roughly 17 “easy” blocks per day
- Block rewards are 3 KMD per block, not including transaction fees
- Each notary node earns about 50 KMD per day, adding up to ~1500 KMD per month
- Transaction fees also add a small amount to the total KMD earned