Every year, the Komodo community holds an election to choose who will operate notary nodes.
- The 28 best-performing notary node operators are automatically re-elected.
- Performance is measured according to the number of completed notarizations
- The top 7 nodes from each of the four regions are re-elected
- The other 32 positions are opened up and the community elects new operators.
- Anyone can run in the election. You don’t need to own any KMD or be on the team.
- VOTE tokens are airdropped to KMD holders at a 1:1 ratio.
- Community members simply send VOTE tokens to their preferred candidate(s).
- At the end of the voting period, the top 8 addresses with most VOTE tokens within each four regions win. Thus, in total, 32 new operators are elected.